GenomeDx Biosciences is a dynamic entrepreneurial molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether in the cloud with big data, or on the phone with patients, our innovators are working hard to deliver usable genomic information into the hands of physicians and patients: information for life.
Our team is constantly learning from each other, from patients and from urologic oncology professionals in world-renowned cancer institutions. Our team works in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project teams that enable us to respond effectively to an evolving, growing, data-driven environment.
We are currently seeking for a dynamic a Human Resources Manager to join the team in Vancouver for a 12-14-month Maternity Leave Contract.
GDx Innovator Profile
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager is a key partner in providing guidance and support to the Canadian office in all HR functions, while providing exceptional HR programs across both Canada and the US. The HR Manager will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment, performance management, policy development, benefits administration, payroll support, employee relations, coaching and training.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of an elite group of entrepreneurial innovators we invite you to consider joining the GenomeDx team.
What you are great at doing:
- Leading and advising managers and employees in day-to-day matters, providing guidance and coaching on a broad range of matters including: leadership, performance management, conflict resolution and disciplinary matters when required
- Partnering with the VP, Human Resources and key stake holders to create, develop and implement effective company-wide initiatives programs which exemplify industry best practices.
- Partnering with Vancouver site manager, and office manager to continue to increase office functionality and teamwork.
- Conducting full-cycle recruitment including writing job descriptions and advertisements, posting, resume screening, conducting telephone pre-screens, coordinating and conducting interviews, reference checking and preparing job offers packages
- Creating and tracking HR metrics in various areas
- Providing guidance and direction regarding compensation and benefits
- Advising on legal matters around employment and take a proactive approach to ensure legal employment practices are maintained and ensuring consistent and fair application of policies
What you need to be successful:
- Degree in Business or Human Resource Management, or related discipline
- 7-10 years of related work experience preferably in high-technology or biotech environment.
- CPHR an asset
What you will bring to the team:
- Enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A solid understanding of BC Employment Standards and Federal Human Rights Legislation.
- Ability to understand the business and to promote effective Human Resources strategies that support business objectives.
- Proven ability to influence and to provide leadership to employees and managers in a broad range of employment and employee matters.
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems and facilitate collaborative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong teamwork orientation as well as the ability to work well independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keeps well-informed on up and coming trends in the Human Resource management space.