GenomeDx Biosciences is a dynamic entrepreneurial molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether in the cloud with big data, or on the phone with patients, our innovators are working hard to deliver usable genomic information into the hands of physicians and patients: information for life.
Our team is constantly learning from each other, from patients and from urologic oncology professionals in world-renowned cancer institutions. Our team works in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project teams that enable us to respond effectively to an evolving, growing, data-driven environment.
We are currently seeking for a dynamic a Data Scientist to join the team in Vancouver.
GDx Innovator Profile
The Data Scientist primary responsibility is to work as part of a team to develop GenomeDx’s product portfolio. This role makes use of advanced machine learning techniques to build novel medical tests through data mining of large genomic databases.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of an elite group of medical researchers we invite you to consider joining the GenomeDx team.
What you are great at doing:
- Building and refining predictive and prescriptive statistical models to evaluate treatment strategies for prostate cancer patients through leveraging advanced statistical modeling, and machine learning techniquesInvestigating new machine learning and statistical modeling techniques to improve model development, validation, and performance
- Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation, and model implementation
- Performing hands on genome-wide expression data exploration and modeling using statistical analysis tools (e.g. R), and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Presenting research and model development findings to colleagues and collaborators
- Writing and reviewing academic manuscripts
- Collaborate with the researchers from cancer research institutes to incorporate qualitative insights into projects and to develop new products to improve patient health care
What you need to be successful:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Expert knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods (Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience)
What you will bring to the team:
- Enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding of supervised methods including deep learning, regularized regression, random forests, support vector machines, and nearest neighbor models, unsupervised methods including principal component analysis and clustering, and semi-supervised techniques
- Strong programming skills preferably in R or Python
- Experience in performing complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to collaborators
- Contribution to research communities including publishing papers
- Familiar with a Linux environment and shell scripting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to communicate with people in a wide variety of areas and at various levels from technical specialists to executives
- Ability to quickly and efficiently adapt to new concepts and collaborate with cross-function teams and business units
- Passion for data research, algorithms and statistics