Job Description: Senior Software Developer
GenomeDx Biosciences is a dynamic entrepreneurial molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether in the cloud with big data, or on the phone with patients, our innovators are working hard to deliver usable genomic information into the hands of physicians and patients: information for life.
Our team is constantly learning from each other, from patients and from urologic oncology professionals in world-renowned cancer institutions. Our team works in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project teams that enable us to respond effectively to an evolving, growing, data-driven environment.
We are currently seeking a dynamic a Senior Software Developer to join the team in Vancouver.
GDx Innovator Profile
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for design, architecture and development of various software systems for the management and analysis of genomics data, and will work with a team of talented software engineers, software QA specialists, project managers and various stakeholders on developing systems.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of an elite group of entrepreneurial innovators we invite you to consider joining the GenomeDx team.
What you are great at doing:
- Designing, developing and maintaining a variety of internally developed software tools and systems.
- Helping to identify and assess new technologies and platforms for various business purposes and providing recommendations.
- Maintaining unit, integration and regression test suites.
- Implementing and promoting good software development practices.
- Writing design documents, specifications and other technical documentation.
What you need to be successful:
- 8-10 years’ experience in software development, including OO languages (C++, Java, Scala).
- Familiarity with common design patterns and architectures.
- Experience with good software development practices, including unit/integration/regression tests; continuous integration processes; version control processes; and leading and receiving code reviews.
- Knowledge of build systems (Make/Maven/Gradle/etc.)
- Experience writing design and requirements documents and internal guides.
What you will bring to the team:
- Enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience with analytical pipelines a plus.
- The ability to mentor and support fellow team members.
- Experience writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Experience with non-traditional databases or formats for large numerical data sets (e.g. HDF5) a plus.
- Experience with relational database design/configuration a plus. (PostgreSQL experience ideal)
- Knowledge of statistical or numeric algorithms a plus, ideally for microarray analysis.
- Experience with multi-threaded, data intensive applications (e.g. Hadoop) a plus.
- Experience with statistical languages (R, Matlab) or libraries a plus.