GenomeDx Biosciences is a dynamic entrepreneurial startup molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether on the phone with patients, or in the cloud with big data, our innovators are working hard to give back to the patient what cancer takes away: information for life.
Our team is constantly learning from each other, from patients, and from urologic oncology professionals at world-renowned cancer institutions. We work in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project teams that enable us to respond effectively to an evolving, growing, data-driven environment.
GDx Innovator Profile
We are currently seeking a Software QA Developer, who will report to the Senior Director, Engineering, to ensure that software applications developed and configured by the Software Engineering team and/or associated vendors meet specifications, are compliant with applicable regulatory standards, and work as expected & designed.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of an elite group of entrepreneurial innovators we invite you to consider joining the GenomeDx team in our Vancouver location for the next 6 months.
What you are great at doing:
- Writing test cases to be translated into automated tests by engineers
- Bug tracking, issue tracking in a project management tool
- Conducting test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality.
- Designing, developing, deploying, maintaining, and enhancing automated software test suites.
- Devising the “right” coverage levels and strategies for each new type application and workflow.
- Generating relevant metrics from testing.
- Producing high-quality, timely work that supports team objectives.
- Performing regression, system and user acceptance testing through automated tests, Black Box and/or White Box Testing.
- Planning and performing load and performance testing, set up test environments, and estimate time and difficulty for test activities.
- Documenting software issues clearly and concisely in the issue tracking system.
- Working with the Manager Software Quality Engineering to ensure that team members and stakeholders are notified about software issues.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field; or equivalent education and experience combination.
- 5+ Year's Software development background, with a minimum of three years’ experience in incremental software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach.
- Background in software validation in a biotech, medical device, medical diagnostics, pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry like aerospace, finance, etc.testing.
What you will bring to the team:
- Enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding JIRA and Confluence work flows
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems and Quality Documentation Repositories
- Solid experience in functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Participate in Agile Scrum sprint planning, design history creation, in-sprint testing, automated regression testing, demonstrations, retrospectives, and solution releases.
- Be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, and participate as a member of cross-functional project teams.
- Proven ability to understand complex, distributed software systems for correct operation and performance.
- Familiarity with elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, configuration management, quality assurance, and release management.